Your contribution can make a huge difference. The sale of tickets is only a portion of the funding the Firehall Arts Centre and the Firehall Theatre Society require to stage the work we do in the theatre and in the community. Each year we donate countless tickets to social service organizations throughout Vancouver as well as providing subsidized performance and rehearsal space to both community and professional arts groups.
Contributions of $20 or more receive a charitable tax receipt.
Giving is easy, and you can donate in the following ways:
- ONLINE: You can make your secure online gift through our website.
- BY PHONE: Please call 604.689.0691 to donate over the phone.
- BY MAIL: Please send your contribution to:
The Firehall Theatre Society
280 E. Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1L3
- Donate via CanadaHelps.org
TOP TEN REASONS why donating to the Firehall is the best decision you’ll make today
1. You want to be in the top 20% because you know ticket prices and public funding programs only cover 80% of the cost of producing and presenting the theatre and dance programs the Firehall puts on stage each year.
2.Because you just want to high-five our friend Neil when he says, “I really love the programming at the Firehall – it’s very inspired work covering a wide range of important issues to silly fun shows.”
3. You want to help us, help you, help the Firehall, help at-risk youth – by helping continue to undertake training programs for youth at risk and for young people just out of theatre technical and creative training programs.
4. Because quotes like this just give you all the feels “You guys made me realize I could do something that I wanted with my life. I didn’t know what to do or where to go until I did the Firehall internship program for youth at risk and now I have finished Douglas College and am going to UBC.”
5. You want students to experience the world outside of their campus, so help us keep supporting discounted tickets to the 1500 secondary school students who saw productions of God and the Indian, Proud, Kayak, My Rabbi, Urinetown The Musical, and Only Drunks and Children Tell the Truth. The students enthusiastically discussed residential schools, politics, global warming and climate change, Jewish/Muslim relations and much much more.
6. Because hearing this from one of our visiting teachers makes you realize that your support helps make the world a little bit of a better place, “That was so awesome – it is so impactful for the kids to meet the person behind the mask. Thanks to the actors for taking the time to do a talk with the students after the show. And what a powerful performance!”
7. You have been secretly dying to slide down the historic fire pole into the theatre to make your stage debut and you know that this 108 year old building needs some TLC and you’d like to help keep your theatre dreams alive – I mean the theatre, yes, keep the theatre alive.
8. Because hanging out in our awesome brick walled lobby is way cooler (and much less expensive) than buying a Gastown loft and you’ve felt the same as our new friend Pru when she said “What an amazing building – love the brick work and it feels so great to come to a show here”
9. You know what we do here is important and you want to help offer a gift that everyone can understand. You feel like there shouldn’t be barriers to seeing art, and you want to make that possible. Each season the Firehall offers local low income residents accessible opportunities to enjoy the professional arts in their own community and brings positive energy and creative spirit to a neighborhood that continues to be challenged.
10. And the TOP REASON donating to the Firehall will make you feel better is because we want you to feel like part of our little family each time you come here – and family ALWAYS asks for a little money! Plus, maybe you resonate with this quote from one of many friends “The Firehall is amazing. The staff are considerate, respectful and caring. The programming is great and meaningful to the community and we are grateful for your generosity.”
MAKE A STATEMENT
With a $400 tax deductible donation, your name will be placed on a seat in the Firehall Arts Centre theatre. Mark your support and on-going commitment to the most diverse and dynamic venue in town. There are only 130 seats available and we want to add your name to our list of contributors. All proceeds go to the ongoing maintenance, operation and animation of the Firehall Arts Centre facilitating the development of artistic endeavours.
Donations from friends and patrons of the Firehall are integral to the work we do – producing and presenting theatre, dance and inter-disciplinary work to engage and entice audiences. Your gift will go toward ensuring we continue our work on stage and in the Downtown Eastside community.
Business & Organization Sponsorship
The Firehall Arts Centre is one of the most beloved and respected cultural hubs in Vancouver. Our audiences come from across Metro Vancouver and are culturally, politically and socially minded.
If your business or organization is interested in sponsoring a production, a presentation, a special night, our community outreach initiatives or a season at Firehall, you’ll be in good company!
Please call us at 604.689.0691 or email us at email@example.com for more information on sponsorship opportunities at the Firehall.
To view our present Sponsors click here.
The Firehall Arts Centre is a registered charity – Registration #119232965RT0001