Box Office & Volunteer Coordinator
The Firehall Arts Centre is accepting applications for a permanent Full-Time Box Office & Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Artistic Producer the Box Office & Volunteer Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Administrative Assistant and Customer Services Coordinator as a key member in the daily box office and administration of the Firehall Arts Centre. This position is responsible for overall functioning of the Box Office, including performing Box Office duties for evening and matinee performances. Applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends, dependent on performance needs. Hours of work are Tuesday through Saturday, 12:30 – 8:30pm (depending on programming in the theatre) and during non-performance periods 9:30am to 5:30pm, Tuesday through Saturday. This full-time position includes a full extended health benefits package.
Now in its 34th season, the Firehall Theatre Society/Firehall Arts Centre is a not-for-profit charitable organization whose mandate is to produce and present theatre, dance and inter-disciplinary works that engage the soul, stimulate the mind, entertain the spirit and reflect the cultural pluralism of Canada. The Firehall Arts Centre is a conscientious, respected community leader and an artistic hub in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside and houses a 136 to 175 seat flexible theatre which produces and presents its own season, as well as functioning as an active rental venue for many local artists and arts organizations.
Responsibilities for this position are:
Theatre Manager/Database Management
- Daily Box Office management including the processing and handling of subscriptions, memberships, and single ticket sales by phone, email and in person using Theatre Manager
- Coordination of group bookings, special promotions, and/or special ticketing arrangements
- Database management, production set up, and assistance with event reconciliations
- Maintenance of the web sales components and database updates
- Handling transactions with attention to detail, discretion and security, and maintain professional behaviour handling confidential information. The Box Office & Volunteer Coordinator must demonstrate skill and accuracy handling cash and credit card transactions.
Customer Services & Administration
- Demonstrate impeccable skills in working with the public, including a positive attitude, flexibility, and the ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
- Balance multiple projects, set realistic goals, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively in a frequently flexible and quick moving environment
- Train, supervise and ensure Box Office Associates are scheduled, as needed, maintaining a consistent line of communication for all Box Office and Production related matters
- General reception and administration duties as needed to support the needs of the organization.
- Recruit, assist, schedule and recognize volunteers as required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and a high level of computer proficiency, including expertise with Microsoft Office; experience with WordPress and Photoshop an asset
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and a willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty for patrons
- Comfortable working in a busy arts organization; previous experience with the Vancouver cultural and community service not-for-profit sector an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Theatre Manager, including knowledge of internal accounting, production set up and thorough knowledge of reporting within the database (we are willing to train the right individual, but database management experience, especially Box Office, is very important)
- Must be willing to work as part of a small team in support of the operations and activities of the Firehall Arts Centre
- Post-secondary education in arts management or relevant experience an asset
- Experience with online marketing (such as e-newsletters) and outreach an asset
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and work under minimal supervision, possess strong follow through capabilities on tasks and issues
- Detail oriented, self motivated and a strong ability to problem solve under demanding conditions
- Flexible availability, including evenings and weekends
Salary range: $26,000 to $28,000 (commensurate with experience). This full-time position includes a full extended health benefits package.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to:
Firehall Arts Centre
280 East Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 1L3
Or email: email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Box Office & Volunteer Coordinator’
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We kindly request no phone calls regarding this application and thank all who express interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Firehall Arts Centre is committed to employment equality.