FIREHALL ARTS CENTRE GALLERY
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Firehall Gallery is a unique brick faced gallery space located in the lobby of the Firehall Arts Centre. The Centre is launching its new season of contemporary dance, theatre and multidisciplinary work. The Firehall has an active schedule of performances and festivals and the Lobby Gallery provides exposure to a diverse audience.
The Firehall is currently inviting proposals from emerging and established artists for exhibitions during the 2018/2019 Season. We are particularly interested in work that engages with contemporary issues of diversity and community. We welcome all 2-dimensional work, but unfortunately we cannot exhibit video works at this time. Exhibitions will run approximately 4-6 weeks.
Firehall will take 25% commission from sales.
- Submitted works must be no smaller than 6”x 6”
- ONLINE- Documents and images are to be sent by email to email@example.com. We will not open your images if sent in an attachment with an email. Please email a LINK to an online digital folder (such as dropbox), containing a PDF or WORD documents, and JPEG format image files.
- MAIL- Submit up to 15 numbered images, on CD, 300 dpi, with .jpg extension. List images as they appear on the CD.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Brief exhibition proposal in WORD or PDF format – please outline the plan for your exhibition, and why you believe your work is suitable for the Firehall
- Up to 15 images (high res, clear images)
- List of images/titles/dimensions of work
- Artist’s Statement – 300 words max
Please email a digital folder link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mail or drop off submissions to:
Visual Art Submissions
Firehall Arts Centre
280 East Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC. V6A 1L3
**If you are submitting by mail please include a self addressed stamped envelope, if you wish to have your images returned. We cannot be responsible for materials without a SASE or adequate postage.**