FIREHALL ARTS CENTRE GALLERY
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2017 / 2018 Season
The Firehall Gallery is a unique brick faced gallery space located in the lobby of the Firehall Arts Centre. The Centre is celebrating its 35nd season as a producer and presenter of contemporary dance, theatre and multidisciplinary work. The Firehall has an active schedule of performances and festivals and the Lobby Gallery provides exposure to a diverse audience. Gallery hours are Wednesday – Saturday 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
The Firehall is currently inviting proposals from emerging and established artists for exhibitions during the 2017/2018 Season. We are particularly interested in work that engages with contemporary issues of diversity and community. We welcome all 2-dimensional work, but unfortunately we cannot exhibit video works at this time. Exhibitions will run approximately 6 weeks.
Firehall will take 25% commission from sales.
- Submitted works must be no smaller than 6”x 6”
- MAIL- Submit up to 15 numbered images, on CD, 300 dpi, with .jpg extension. List images as they appear on the CD.
- ONLINE- Documents and images are not to be sent directly by email. We will not open your images if sent in an attachment with an email. Please email a LINK to an online digital folder (such as dropbox), containing a PDF or WORD documents, and JPEG format image files.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Brief exhibition proposal in WORD or PDF format – please outline the plan for your exhibition, and why you believe your work is suitable for the Firehall
- Up to 15 images (high res, clear images)
- List of images/titles/dimensions of work
- Artist’s Statement – 300 words max
Please email a digital folder link to: email@example.com
Please mail or drop off submissions to:
Visual Art Submissions
Firehall Arts Centre
280 East Cordova Street
Vancouver, BC. V6A 1L3
**If you are submitting by mail please include a self addressed stamped envelope, if you wish to have your images returned. We cannot be responsible for materials without a SASE or adequate postage.**
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 31, 2017
DEADLINE EXTENDED: August 15, 2017