The Firehall Theatre Society/ Firehall Arts Centre is looking for Board Members!
The Firehall Arts Centre has a rich place in the history of Vancouver. It is well recognized as a venue where new and established artists, performers, playwrights, choreographers and theatre workers of all backgrounds produce and present their work. The Firehall connects communities and its mission is to showcase provocative performing and visual arts reflective of the diversity of Canada. The Firehall board strives to mirror the diversity of its community.
Community Inclusion Transparency Education Sustainability
Please visit firehallartscentre.ca for more information.
Board Director Opportunity
We seek applications from those interested in joining The Firehall Arts Centre Society Board. The Board is primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring the organization achieves its mission and strategic plan
- Ensuring that the Board conducts its own stewardship process
- Supporting and overseeing the Artistic Producer’s role in continuously driving the success of the organization
We are looking for volunteers with any, or a combination of, the following skills:
- Arts/Non-Profit Business Management
- Strategic thinking
- Human Resources (recruitment, succession planning, policy development)
- Organizational leadership/Board leadership experience
- A passion for the arts is an asset
- Experience and interest in becoming a Committee Chair is an asset
All Directors should also have the following personal attributes:
- Ability to commit to the responsibilities and time required
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for the organization
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn and sound judgement
- High degree of integrity in personal dealings
- Team player and able to build relationships
Term: Two years with option for renewal.
Commitment: It is expected that those interested will devote the time to being an engaged Director. This requires:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings
- Commitment to the work and participation in at least one Committee
- Preparing for meetings and working outside of formal meetings
- Participation in fundraising activities and other Board events
In total this may require roughly 6 to 8 hours each month. In addition, Directors are expected to make an annual donation to the Firehall and attend performances.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with Board of Directors in the subject line by November 14, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.