Want to work in the arts? Take a look at the positions we are currently seeking applicants for (click the positions for more information)!:
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Firehall Arts Centre is seeking a Marketing & Communications Director to undertake the marketing and communications portfolio for the not for profit Firehall Theatre Society, who manages and programs the Firehall Arts Centre.
Recognized nationally for its long-term commitment to bringing diversity to Canadian stages, the Firehall Arts Centre’s mission is to enrich lives and expand minds through the performing and visual arts. Its vision throughout its 40year history has been to showcase provocative performing and visual arts reflective of the diversity of Canada. Each year the Firehall presents a season of eight to twelve theatre and dance productions and presentations in its intimate black box studio theatre.
The Marketing and Communications Manager’s primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and promoting the public profile of the theatre and its productions, ensuring productive relations with audiences, the media, the community and other partners
- Maintaining and expanding the company’s profile in the public realm and generating interest in the company’s projects
- Managing all forms of electronic marketing including website, e-newsletter, e-marketing initiatives, and social media channels
- Conceptualizing and implementing all marketing, communication and promotional campaigns
- Overseeing and providing input into the design, printing and distribution of all printed marketing materials including brochures, leaflets, posters, programs, advertisements
- Assisting with the development of community outreach plans and the overall planning of the Firehall season.
- Ensuring that public and private funder recognition as deemed appropriate and agreed upon is fulfilled with regard to all marketing initiatives and marketing materials
- Assisting in maintaining the ongoing conversation with current patrons and cultivating new and diverse audiences (including periodic surveys of audiences)
- Working with the contract publicist to ensure media relations are maintained, including interviews, photos, reviews and other press coverage
- Monitoring marketing plans, timelines, budgets and schedules
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to theatre and dance and a genuine interest in the work of the Firehall Arts Centre. Relevant post-secondary education in Marketing or Arts Administration (or equivalent experience) is highly desirable. A minimum two years experience in arts marketing is required. The Firehall is an equal opportunity employer interested in positive, creative candidates who bring a new perspective to a wonderful team. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of organization and efficiency
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and design programs including Adobe Photoshop, In Design & Illustrator
- Diversity and anti-oppression training an asset
- Ability to network and maintain community, client and sponsor relationships
- Ability to work independently and according to set targets and deadlines
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Driver’s license as asset
If you don’t have all of these qualifications but are passionate about the performing arts, the Firehall and the work that we do, please tell us about the qualifications you do have and why you might be the perfect person for the job.
This is a full-time position with the majority of the work occurring on site but with the flexibility for some work from home. Salary range from $45000-$55000 dependent on experience with extended medical and dental benefits.
Please send your application and cover letter in confidence by November 19th complete with resume, salary expectations, references and availability to email@example.com with Marketing Manager in the subject line or mail to Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova St., Vancouver, B.C. V6A 1L3. :
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.